There is a lot happening in the East End! Here are a few of the exciting events and programs.
Here at St. Peter’s:
- Wednesday, Feb. 26 at 6:00 pm our Ash Wednesday service with imposition of ashes.
- Sunday, March 1 – Sunday, March 29 we will have our Lenten program. Worship is at 11:00 am followed by lunch and our Lenten study of race. We’ll be reading and discussing the book “Jesus and the Disinherited” by Howard Thurman. Read it online here. All are welcome!
- Neighborhood food distribution program with Peter Paul Development Center is on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 8:30 am. Coffee and Bible study are also offered.
- Neighborhood Walk each Tuesday at 2:30 pm. Meet at the church and enjoy some exercise and talking to your neighbors.
- Worship every Sunday at 11:00 am followed by food and fellowship. A nursery is available.
Richmond Hill, 2209 E. Grace Street
- Unearthing Buried Stories, Tuesday, Feb. 25, 7:30-9:00 pm. Join the Koinonia School of Race & Justice for this program that focuses on African American burial sites.
- Lenten Retreat: In the Shelter: Finding a Home in the World. Each Thursday in Lent beginning Feb. 27, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon. Time for writing, reading, silence, prayer. All are invited to stay for noon prayers and the community lunch.
- Pledge To End Racism Workshop, March 28 and April 4, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. Workshop is an intensive, 2-day training sessions designed to help you learn about inherent, systemic racism and to give you practical strategies to help to dismantle it. Suggested donation of $55.
- Volunteer Clean-Up Day at East End Cemetery, March 14, 10:00 am – 12:00 noon.
- Check their website for more events and personal retreats.
The Market at 25th:
- Their calendar lists all events including wellness, events for families including movies, and special events for Black History month.
- Black women and girls art night, Friday, February 21, 6:30 pm
- The movie “Black Panther” is featured at movie night on February 28, 6:30-8:30 pm
- The Medical-Legal Partnership offers free legal advice. Office hours are Friday, 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm or call 804-517-9110 for an appointment.
- Among many other services, the Health Hub can help you get glasses at little to no cost. Open Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 am – 12:30 pm.
- Virginia Public Media and PBS Kids – this page offers ways to connect children to PBS Kids’ resources, events, recipes and games.
Church Hill People’s News:
The website provides information on all areas of life in Church Hill – schools, redevelopment, food and restaurants, family events, and more.. Be sure to subscribe to their newsletter to stay up to date.
East End Public Library:
Programs for all ages each week: Book Babies, PreSchoolers, Toddlers, and Adults.