Volunteers from St. Peter’s took over a dozen people to vote last week! For one gentleman it was his first time to vote. We’re grateful to our volunteers and to all the people who took advantage of voting and our offer of transportation.
In voting news…
- Early voting, in person or by mail-in ballot, is still open here in Virginia. We STRONGLY urge you to vote early. It is safer and easier and faster. Take a government issued photo ID with you. Wear your mask. Curbside voting for those with mobility concerns is available. Locations:
City of Richmond: M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturdays Oct. 24 and 31: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
NEW LOCATION: 2134 West Laburnum Ave. Richmond, VA
Eastern Henrico County: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
3820 Nine Mile Road Henrico, VA
2. Up to date voting information is available on the state elections page.
3. If you voted by mail-in absentee ballot you can track the status of your ballot. This will tell you if the ballot was delivered and if it has been counted. This is a great stress reliever!
4. If you have your mail-in ballot but have not voted or mailed it yet DO SO NOW! We STRONGLY recommend that it be mailed no later than October 24 to ensure that it arrives in time.
5. GRTC has begun an hourly shuttle service for voting. It will pick up passengers Monday through Friday on the north side of City Hall at the intersection of Ninth and Marshall streets and on West Broad Street near the front of the Science Museum of Virginia.
Weekday trips at City Hall begin at 7:45 a.m., with the last trip leaving the registrar’s office at 5:15 p.m. The shuttles will stop at the Broad Street stop along the way to the
NEW registrar’s office, which is at 2134 W. Laburnum Ave. The election office is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on the two Saturdays before the Nov. 3 election from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. GRTC will operate the shuttles on those Saturdays as well.
In the week before Election Day, Richmond will open two additional voting sites, City Hall and Hickory Hill Community Center, which will be open from Oct. 24 through Oct. The city also will have drop-off ballot boxes.
6. If you need transportation assistance to the polls please email us.